Saturday, November 26, 2005

Halifax... Fun for Old People, Too!

So there's a guy in my program, Mark, who obviously thinks that I'm a grandmother or something, because any time he says something even vaguely related to age, he blushes and apologizes to me. Who the hell lets 23-year-olds into a graduate program anyway?! In fact, there are quite a few (read: almost all of them) under-25s in my circle of colleagues-who-are-becoming-friends. (Fortunately for me, Mark is the only one who seems to think that I'm over the hill.) This means that I am now hanging around with people younger than my little brother on a regular basis. And yes folks, I am keeping up with them. Danced until 4 a.m. last night. Drank beer like a true Haligonian. It's actually kind of a surreal, regressive experience, considering the rate at which you Edmontonians are "settling down," having babies, getting married, living in houses with billiards rooms.

Man, you guys are old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too.

tania said...

Ooh, so suddenly now Mama's gotta shake? So how come I never really got to see you dance out west?