Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Her Name is Hana

because I had just finished reading In the Skin of a Lion for my TA class, and Morag's name was Morag because I'd just read The Diviners. And I'm not an environmental nightmare. Hana's engine isn't much bigger than Morag's was, and I just drive into the Mumford bus terminal in Halifax's West end, then I take the bus to school from there. And I have a cell phone, but it's a safety cell phone in case something happens when Hana and I are driving home alone on the highway, and my palm pilot is socond-hand--no, third-hand, actually, because Trent bought it from my friend Neil last year, then Trent gave it to me when his work got him a new one, and I never whip 'er out in public and start pretentiously nerding around on it, I just use it to record when my assignments and stuff are due. And I will start volunteering again and maybe even doing some acting when my course work is over, because I just don't have time right now.

I'm still me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

defensive, aren't we....

Becca said...

Who is this "anonymous," by the way?!