Monday, April 16, 2007

Growing Up Is NOT a Good Thing!

The difference between Becca at age 9 and Becca at 29:

You: Don't worry--you'll do fine on your exams. I know it.
Becca, Age 9: Really? Wow, thanks. I feel much better now. Seriously, thanks.
Becca, age 29: What? How can you make a statement like that? Where's your evidence? Are you citing an expert here, or is that your own, unfounded opinion? I don't deal in conjectures bud, I need EVIDENCE! Everyone has an opinion--my dog has an opinion--what you should have learned by now is to support your opinions with facts, quotations, textual support for god's sake. Honestly, an opinion like that, completely unfounded and unsupported is worthless to me. And cite your source. MLA style, please.

6 comments:

Megs said...

According to Frauts and Timney, "Becca is brilliant" (34).

GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!... you're 29 :) Where are the babies, bec??? :)

Becca said...

You've met them. They all have 4 legs and lots of fur.

Meagan said...

AHahahaha. Megs is sooo right!

"Becca is Brilliant...she's going to rock her exam" (Frauts and Timney 34)

Thanks for the bottle of wine!
I hope you're surviving. I just want to cry all the time...

Wait, "want" to cry? More like "I cry all the time."

Are we there yet?

Becca said...

I've gone straight past stress to "I don't even care, just get it over with!"

tania said...

um...your children were born covered in fur and with two extra legs and you're stressing about exams?

seems like your priorities are a little skewed :)