Thursday, May 03, 2007

My Imaginary Boyfriend...

Trent and I did another movie extra gig this week. (By the way, Diamond Grill is the perfect reading for that kind of day--the text is fragmented, your reading experience will be fragmented. Ideal!) It was actually kind of awful and boring and they wouldn't let us take breaks to eat, and they really, really rationed our pee breaks, and the movie (made-for-TV), Sticks and Stones, is probably going to be terrible. We spent the whole day booing an imaginay American national anthem at an imaginary Canadiens-Islanders hocke game (you guys remember the one). Mostly dreadful. Only, as we were filming the last scene, I look over to where the cameras and director are and someone looks familiar. Hot and familiar.

"Hey Trent, isn't that Christopher from Gilmore Girls?"
"I don't know. Looks like him."

Just then, Meagan the AD comes over. She's the same AD Trent worked with on Outlander. She goes straight to Trent. "I was looking for you!" she says. "Want to be in the shot?"

Of course he does. So he ends up right behind "Christopher" (whose name is actually David). Can you believe it? So much hotness in such a small space?

And, after the shoot, as we were waiting to sign out, I got my own close-up of Hot Christopher (sorry, I don't want to think of him as a real person) as he squeezes past me to get outside. And then, of course, I constructed an imaginary narrative in which he is now my boyfriend, and Trent is still my huz-bind, and everybody is totally, totally okay with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Becca, may I now ask if Trent happened to come across a similiar star gazing hottie in the crowd of this five star film being shot?

Trent, did you see the stunning Lorelai or Rory in view anywhere? If so, I do hope you envisioned one of these fine actresses as your girlyfriend. :) At least for that short star struck moment in time.

It is so cool you are both movie stars. I definetly will want an autograph when you come visit!

tania said...

yes, when is the visit happening again? i await it with far too much enthusiasm!

Becca said...

We'll be in Edmonton on the evening of the 17th--we'll be at Greg & Nadine's in the old neighbourhood!