Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dragonerriers

So when you buy a new house, you all of a sudden have to go out and get a bunch of weird stuff that you normally don't think about, like fire extinguishers. Our new house has a main floor, a basement, and a half-upper floor, plus the garage, so we needed 4 fire extinguishers. We go through the checkout at Canadian Tire, and the cashier is giving us a bit of a look. You know--why do you guys need this many fire extinguishers. You pyros or something? And because I'm a smartass weirdo, I shrug and say, "My husband is a fire-blower in the circus." And the girl looks at Trent and says, "Wow, really? That's so cool!" Honestly. And at that point, I can't tell her I was kidding, because then we both look like knobs. Trent and I manage not to start laughing until we get out into the parking lot, and he says we should have told her we're dragon breeders. I say no, we should have told her we're trying to breed our dragon with our terrier.
I told a friend at school this story, and he pointed out that a Dragonerrier would be able to light its own farts on fire.

No comments: