Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's Like Caffeine Withdrawal, Only Worse.

Wow. It has been an amazing summer so far. Admittedly, I've gotten next to no school work done, but I figure it's worth it (ask me again after my next meeting with my supervisor). On July 4th, Mom came to visit. She spent nearly two weeks and we had a great time touristing and taking apart our old deck. Then, right after she left Toni and Brad came for a week and we had a lot of fun. It's amazing how with some people, it's always like no time has passed. Then they left and Trent's parents came for a visit. We took them to the airport this morning, and now Colin (Drogues Colin) is in town for a family reunion, so we'll probably see him tomorrow or the next day. Then Julie, Bob and Emmet are coming in September, and Phidit just told me yesterday that he and Nancy are arriving on September 17th. I'll admit, I was a little worried about having so many visitors in succession, but it has been so nice, spending time with people that we love and that know us well enough for us to be able to just... relax. I think we are going to feel really, really lonely after Phil and Nancy leave.

But before we think about that, let's look at some pics of Mom's first visit to Nova Scotia!


Mom thought the guy on the left was hot. Quick, somebody check all the cradles!


Me and Trent drinking tea at Mahone Bay. Not caffeinated, thankyouverymuch!

On a whale-watching tour in the harbour. We didn't see any whales (boo!) but Mom did get to meet my friends Nikki and Miika.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Halifax... it was so beautiful and reminded me that there is so much of this country I have yet to see!!! But more importantly, i miss you guys!

T

Anonymous said...

I, thought this was funny, my name is Rebecca Babcock too, haven't ever seen anyone with the same name as me, let alone the last name Babcock. I just found it cool, (sorry, I am kind of dorky like that) I am from Bangor, Maine. Sorry to be so random, if you would like to chat sometime my email is t0uchm31mafr3ak@aol.com Bye :)

Anonymous said...

weird :)

Becca said...

Funny shit--I googled myself one time and found a Rebecca Babcock in Bangor, Maine. There is also a Dr. Rebecca Babcock, professor of English, at the University of Texas. Hope she doesn't publish crap, in case people confuse us... There are also a few Becca Babcocks out there.
What kind of self-involved dork Googles herself?

Anonymous said...

this self-involved dork googles herself, and every other person she knows, all the time! :) I'm a go go dancer.

Toni

tania said...

i google myself monthly - which i could make that sound dirtier, but really i think it's just sad. i think a lot of people are googling themselves though.