Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Post from Inside the Cathouse...

Well, The Balcony opened last night. We had an impressive audience... of four. One was Trent. One was Paul Kimball, my castmate Veronica's friend, who posted to my Blog recently,--and, by the way, it's a very surreal experience to meet Blog people in the real world!--another castmate's girlfriend, and the fourth, a reviewer. Eep. However, considering that we've replaced two cast members in the past week--one only two days ago!--I think we did pretty well! I'll try to upload some pics, but I still can't upload the Outlander images. If they do go up--and stay up--know that, sadly, the blonde in the group pic is the one who dropped out suddenly last week.

By the way, here's a story about me having to eat crow: after having spoken to her for a grand total of thirty seconds at our first rehearsal, I decided that I didn't like Veronica. This is due to an unfortunate association--she's acted in a few Trailer Park Boys episodes, as well as in the movie. As some of you may remember, a bunch of TPB actors made my birthday experience a rather uncomfortable one. And so, my brains formed a remarkable equation: TPB actor=jerk.
Nice, eh? Except it turns out that Veronica is a really, really lovely woman. I am a terrible person. Who makes awful snap judgements. And who lives to regret them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bec, you look smokin HOT! :)

Meagan said...

ROWRRRRR. You're a hottie! I can't wait to come see your show!!!!!!! I get back from Calgary tonight. Weeeeeeeeee..

tania said...

good lord! it's below 0 over here and yet i'm still getting all warm - those are some hot pics hon!

i'm sure the play is good too...:)

Megs said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Paul Kimball said...

Rebecca:

Make that two reviewers:

http://metrobackbeat.blogspot.com/2006/11/review-jean-genets-balcony-by-le.html

Well done!

Best regards,

Paul

Becca said...

Thank you Paul! I'm blushing! (Though I might have to fight you to defend my casmates' honour... and, if you read back a little, you'll see that I'm an accomplished lumberjack, so watch out.)