Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Blame Nikki

In an effort to assuage the pain of my broken heart (so close! two little goals!) I'm going to tell you about my Friday adventure. I work 45 hours a week at the greenhouse this month plus, on Fridays, I TA for a summer course, not to mention all the reading I'm supposed to be doing, so I have to schedule time out. Every Friday afternoon, my friends Nikki and Meg and I meet for coffee. Last Friday, the sun came out and it was beautiful, so we had cold drinks on the waterfront. We were sitting on the wharf, about to head off home when Nikki pretends to hitch a ride on a passing boat. The guys on it laugh and keep going, but a minute later, they reappear, heading the other way. Meg says she thinks they might be stopping. Sure enough, our new friends Peter and Norm offer us a ride around the harbour. It was gorgeous! We went out to McNab's Island, past the dockyard and back. It was so fun! Nikki had her camera; I'll post some photos soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I had taught you about the dangers of hitchiking!

Becca said...

Sure, but it doesn't count if it's on a boat, right? :)