Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Becca Arrives Safely in Halifax!

I am in Halifax, I am not homeless, and the English department at Dalhousie knows who I am! So far, all major crises averted. I am in a basement apartment, which is clean and a nice size, though I've had to fill the place with air fresheners (think: "sloth" scene in _Seven_) to keep the place from smelling like an old lady's basement... whatever. My landlady seems cool--she's a Bio Sci undergrad at Dal, and she and her boyfriend live upsairs. Rent's cheap, and I'm only 20 minutes (by bus) away from school. Apparently, people lied to me when they said that people in Halifax don't take the bus. There is a stop right around the corner, and the bus to Dal seems to be well-travelled.
Haliax is gorgeous. (And Spryfield is not that bad, Jodes--we had to go and look. But it is far away, so I'm gad I'm not there.) Trent says I'm not allowed to fall in love with the city until I know we're staying. I told him that he should try and not be to in love with me this fall so that he'ss miss me less.
I miss you all. The weather is gorgeous, and I understand that fall in the Maritimes is supposed to be amazing, so please come and visit me! I have a comfy futon in my living room (my place is a one-bedroom).
Hugs,
Becca

1 comment:

Adventures with Roz and Toni said...

Yay! All the maritimes people in my office are jealous:)

How's Enkidu? Simon was wondering.