Thursday, September 08, 2005

I TAed Today!

I had my first clas as a TA today! Thank god, I'm not the primary instructor for a class--TAs at Dal are "tutor-markers" (I've got to say, CUPE is better at enforcing the maximum-number-of-TA-hours-per-week than the UofA GSA) so I attend classes, hold office hours and mark papers. I'm seriously considering Dan Preece's suggestion that I just write letter grades on stairs and throw them down...
The students seem... young. Very young. One discussed at length the way her high school teacher liked to have his essay assignments handed in.
I've also started to try and get caught up on the GSAC stuff. Can anybody please remind me why in the hell I ran for this position? I've got to say, I feel completely out of my depth. Seriously, help. I need some rah-rahs here.
Carrie Dawson is my academic advisor, and, coincidentally, my TAship supervisor. I have a class with her next term, and I think I'd like her to be my supervisor. Yay me, I'm a PhD student! Finally.

1 comment:

Adventures with Roz and Toni said...

RA RA! you can do it!

Had to believe we were once that young and naive ..... oh Cold Lake. Let's take a moment and remember GCHS ........... ok done.

k, student. it's past your bed time.
Toni