Monday, September 12, 2005

It's no Edmonton...

My mom emailed yesterday to tell me that they got over a foot and a half of snow on the weekend, and Phil says that Sunday was the nicest day they've had in Edmonton for two weeks: 8 degrees C. I just thought all you Albertans should know that it's sunny and hot here in Halifax. I am wearing a tank top.
Something frustrating happened. My Austalia application came back in the mail. It seems that the U of A campus post office put the wrong postage on it. (Charged me for the right postage, then stuck the wrong stamp on.) So now I'm pretty stressed that UQ won't accept it. Lucky for me, my Trent is all over the problem. It's just so frustrating, being split like this--I want to be at home so that I can take the letter back to the post office and make them send it express with a written apology for messing up. Alternately, I want Trent and my house and my mail to be here so that I can deal with these things when they happen, and not hear about them second-hand.
Don't have time to say much more... I want to go for a walk before I go to class.
(My first class as a PhD student--YAY! Have I mentioned lately how happy I am that I'm not a secretary any more?)

2 comments:

Adventures with Roz and Toni said...

It is so cold lately that for our walk I wore mitts, a scarf, and an ear band thingy. The works!

Curse you and your warm weather :). I wonder if I can now stop shaving my legs... you know - my winter coat. :)
T

Adventures with Roz and Toni said...

So What's happening with the app?!!!! does that delay things? are you gonna sue for personal distress??!!!!